Durham County mapping crime online
DURHAM COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Durham County Sheriff's Office is now offering an up-to-date crime-mapping website.
The sheriff's office has teamed up with Bair Analytics to provide the new way to keep residents informed.
The online crime map is called RAIDS Online. The mapping system, released Thursday, allows the sheriff's office to alert the public quickly.
"I'm looking forward to seeing RAIDS Online in action," Sheriff Michael Andrews said. "The program's analytical and mapping capabilities will allow us to better target patrols and ultimately provide better customer service to the residents of the county. RAIDS Online will also be extremely useful to neighborhood watch groups and individuals who wish to be aware of incidents around their homes."
The Internet-based program is synchronized with sheriff's office records every 24-hours.
Residents can filter crime data based on location, date range, crime type, and other selections. Users can also sign up for neighborhood watch reports that automatically email a breakdown of recent crime activity, and submit an anonymous tip about a crime directly to the sheriff's office.
Durham and Raleigh Police Departments also use the program.
durham county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...