Vigil held for Kelli Bordeaux
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A vigil was held Friday evening to keep the case of a missing Fort Bragg soldier in the public eye. The "Vigil for Hope" was held near the bar where Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux was last seen nearly a month ago.
About three dozen people attended what was billed as a celebration of hope, not a memorial.
Bordeaux, who is a Fort Bragg combat medic, was last seen April 14, leaving the Froggy Bottoms club on Ramsey street with an acquaintance.
That acquaintance told authorities he dropped Bordeaux off at the entrance to her apartment complex.
Since then, scores of volunteers have searched the area around the north Fayetteville club, but turned up no trace of the missing 23-year-old woman.
Kelli's husband was the only family member to attend Friday's vigil.
"I appreciate everything everyone is trying to do to find her," said Mike Bordeaux. "I just want her home and I want her safe. That's all I want."
Another public search for Kelli Bordeaux will be held Saturday morning starting at the parking lot of the Andrews Commons Shopping Center, which is just north of Froggy Bottoms. The search should last three or four hours.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state, greg barnes
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help