Vigil held for Kelli Bordeaux
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A vigil was held Friday evening to keep the case of a missing Fort Bragg soldier in the public eye. The "Vigil for Hope" was held near the bar where Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux was last seen nearly a month ago.
About three dozen people attended what was billed as a celebration of hope, not a memorial.
Bordeaux, who is a Fort Bragg combat medic, was last seen April 14, leaving the Froggy Bottoms club on Ramsey street with an acquaintance.
That acquaintance told authorities he dropped Bordeaux off at the entrance to her apartment complex.
Since then, scores of volunteers have searched the area around the north Fayetteville club, but turned up no trace of the missing 23-year-old woman.
Kelli's husband was the only family member to attend Friday's vigil.
"I appreciate everything everyone is trying to do to find her," said Mike Bordeaux. "I just want her home and I want her safe. That's all I want."
Another public search for Kelli Bordeaux will be held Saturday morning starting at the parking lot of the Andrews Commons Shopping Center, which is just north of Froggy Bottoms. The search should last three or four hours.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state, greg barnes
- 20 children among 51 dead in Okla. tornado 12 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex 25 min ago
- Police search for shooting suspect 14 min ago
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper
- Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder
- Contractor accused by homeowners
- Frightening moments for local family with...
53 min ago
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest...
48 min ago