Vigil held for Kelli Bordeaux
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A vigil was held Friday evening to keep the case of a missing Fort Bragg soldier in the public eye. The "Vigil for Hope" was held near the bar where Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux was last seen nearly a month ago.
About three dozen people attended what was billed as a celebration of hope, not a memorial.
Bordeaux, who is a Fort Bragg combat medic, was last seen April 14, leaving the Froggy Bottoms club on Ramsey street with an acquaintance.
That acquaintance told authorities he dropped Bordeaux off at the entrance to her apartment complex.
Since then, scores of volunteers have searched the area around the north Fayetteville club, but turned up no trace of the missing 23-year-old woman.
Kelli's husband was the only family member to attend Friday's vigil.
"I appreciate everything everyone is trying to do to find her," said Mike Bordeaux. "I just want her home and I want her safe. That's all I want."
Another public search for Kelli Bordeaux will be held Saturday morning starting at the parking lot of the Andrews Commons Shopping Center, which is just north of Froggy Bottoms. The search should last three or four hours.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state, greg barnes
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 27 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 9 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 42 min ago
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited 42 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation