Vigil held for Kelli Bordeaux
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A vigil was held Friday evening to keep the case of a missing Fort Bragg soldier in the public eye. The "Vigil for Hope" was held near the bar where Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux was last seen nearly a month ago.
About three dozen people attended what was billed as a celebration of hope, not a memorial.
Bordeaux, who is a Fort Bragg combat medic, was last seen April 14, leaving the Froggy Bottoms club on Ramsey street with an acquaintance.
That acquaintance told authorities he dropped Bordeaux off at the entrance to her apartment complex.
Since then, scores of volunteers have searched the area around the north Fayetteville club, but turned up no trace of the missing 23-year-old woman.
Kelli's husband was the only family member to attend Friday's vigil.
"I appreciate everything everyone is trying to do to find her," said Mike Bordeaux. "I just want her home and I want her safe. That's all I want."
Another public search for Kelli Bordeaux will be held Saturday morning starting at the parking lot of the Andrews Commons Shopping Center, which is just north of Froggy Bottoms. The search should last three or four hours.
cumberland county, kelli bordeaux, local/state, greg barnes
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 7 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help