Driver sought in fatal hit-and-run
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities are looking for a driver involved in a fatal hit-and-run late Thursday night.
The accident happened just before midnight on Reilly Road near Willowbrook Drive.
According to authorities, 56-year-old Raymond Anthony Lynn was trying to cross the street when a 1994 Honda driven by 28-year-old Rivera Sanchez hit him. Police said they believed a second vehicle then struck Lynn and left the area.
Lynn was declared dead at the scene.
Sanchez is not facing any charges at this time. The incident is still under investigation.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the accident is asked to contact police.
cumberland county, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help