NWS: Tornado hit in Richmond County
DIGGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- The National Weather Service has confirmed that a tornado hit Richmond County Monday afternoon.
Investigators said there was just one tornado that touched down over a two mile path.
It was an EF1 with winds as high as 90 miles an hour.
Some homes were damaged. However, no one was injured.
- Showers, some patchy ice as temps warm 3 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help