Wake County Schools approve bus plan
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County School Board has approved a plan to make sure hundreds of students have bus transportation.
Right now, nearly 300 rising sixth graders and about 200 rising ninth graders don't have a way to get to school.
The school board agreed Tuesday evening to provide adjustments to existing routes to students who are pre-assigned without transportation or to offer those students a seat in one of the schools in their 'choice list with transportation.
The final vote was six to three.
wake county, wake county schools, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help