Marilyn Monroe statue finds new home in Palm Springs
May 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- The Marilyn Monroe statue has arrived at its new home - Palm Springs.
"Forever Marilyn" got to California after a week-long trip on a truck from Chicago. She saw bitter cold temperatures while she stood in Pioneer Plaza on Michigan Avenue.
Crews who were assembling her Monday dealt with temperatures that reached 106 degrees. Marilyn probably didn't mind becaus, as one of her movies notes, some like it hot.
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help