Arrest made in Henderson teen's murder
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Henderson police have made an arrest in the shooting death of a 14-year-old boy.
Police said they arrested 20-year-old Arthur Thomas Peace Jr. and charged him with one count of first-degree murder.
The shooting happened in the 1300 block of South William Street in Henderson around 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Police said Clayton Batchelor Jr. was found lying on the side of the road with a gunshot wound.
Peace is being held without bond in the Vance County Jail. He'll appear in court on July 13.
vance county, homicide, local/state
- Slow moving thunderstorms linger Monday 35 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- ABC 11 Match Madness to help cancer patients
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered 25 min ago
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests 22 min ago
- MPs who lost comrades welcomed home 40 min ago
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cancer returns for child who gave gifts to patients
- Small Fla. city anxious to learn jackpot winner
- North Carolina Senate rolls out budget plan
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us