Chapel Hill bank robbed
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials are searching for the suspect in a Saturday afternoon bank robbery in Chapel Hill.
Chapel Hill police said the robbery happened at a Sun Trust branch inside a Harris Teeter grocery store on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
The suspect entered the bank around 3:45 p.m. wearing a surgical mask and a construction vest and handed a bank teller a note.
The suspect is described as a 5-foot-tall white male with a very pale complexion. Officials said he indicated he had a weapon, but never showed one. The suspect left the scene in a black or dark blue Dodge Avenger.
Anyone with information is asked to call Chapel Hill police.
orange county, bank robbery, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake