Vehicle fire slows traffic on I-40
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Monday morning's commute on westbound I-40 was slowed after a vehicle caught fire.
It happened at near Exit 301, at the I-440 split around 8:30 a.m.
Video from Department of Transportation cameras showed flames leaping into the air.
Firefighters were quickly on the scene to put out the blaze.
Seconds after they arrived, the flames changed to smoke and steam.
Traffic was backed up for miles while emergency workers cleaned up the mess.
i40, i440, wake county, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help