Vehicle fire slows traffic on I-40
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Monday morning's commute on westbound I-40 was slowed after a vehicle caught fire.
It happened at near Exit 301, at the I-440 split around 8:30 a.m.
Video from Department of Transportation cameras showed flames leaping into the air.
Firefighters were quickly on the scene to put out the blaze.
Seconds after they arrived, the flames changed to smoke and steam.
Traffic was backed up for miles while emergency workers cleaned up the mess.
i40, i440, wake county, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her 3 min ago
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 34 min ago
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 33 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 1 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape...
3 min ago
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to...
22 min ago
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen...
34 min ago