Man killed in Moore County
MOORE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Moore County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal shooting in the Eagle Springs area.
Deputies said a 911 operator got a call about the shooting at 3 a.m. Sunday. A caller said there had been gunfire at a singlewide mobile home in the 200 block of McCoy Lane and people were taking the shooting victim to the hospital in a white Honda.
Deputies spotted the Honda moving at a high rate of speed and tried to pull it over, but the car continued. Once at the hospital, doctors declared 23-year-old Jasmin Rorie of Candor deceased.
Investigators said they learned there had been a party at the home when the shooting occurred.
They were interviewing witnesses.
moore county, shooting, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms