Man killed in Moore County
MOORE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Moore County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal shooting in the Eagle Springs area.
Deputies said a 911 operator got a call about the shooting at 3 a.m. Sunday. A caller said there had been gunfire at a singlewide mobile home in the 200 block of McCoy Lane and people were taking the shooting victim to the hospital in a white Honda.
Deputies spotted the Honda moving at a high rate of speed and tried to pull it over, but the car continued. Once at the hospital, doctors declared 23-year-old Jasmin Rorie of Candor deceased.
Investigators said they learned there had been a party at the home when the shooting occurred.
They were interviewing witnesses.
moore county, shooting, local/state
- Two dead in Wendell home
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Residents told of arsenic in water 34 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 37 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection 54 min ago
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Money Saver: Best and worst buys in March
2 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
32 min ago
- Community comes together to fight for...
36 min ago