Man killed in Moore County
MOORE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Moore County Sheriff's Office is investigating a fatal shooting in the Eagle Springs area.
Deputies said a 911 operator got a call about the shooting at 3 a.m. Sunday. A caller said there had been gunfire at a singlewide mobile home in the 200 block of McCoy Lane and people were taking the shooting victim to the hospital in a white Honda.
Deputies spotted the Honda moving at a high rate of speed and tried to pull it over, but the car continued. Once at the hospital, doctors declared 23-year-old Jasmin Rorie of Candor deceased.
Investigators said they learned there had been a party at the home when the shooting occurred.
They were interviewing witnesses.
moore county, shooting, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 4 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 18 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
17 min ago