Former Blago chief of staff to begin sentence
May 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Rod Blagojevich's former chief of staff, John Harris, will begin serving his 10-day prison sentence Tuesday.
Harris was convicted of helping the former governor attempt to sell President Barack Obama's old U.S. Senate seat.
Harris had faced a maximum five-year sentence, but the judge noted his cooperation with authorities, which included testifying against Blagojevich.
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif. 45 min ago
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge 36 min ago
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen