Man charged in Moore County murder
MOORE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Deputies have charged a man in a fatal shooting in the Eagle Springs area at a party early Sunday morning.
Deshawn Lamer Morrison-Junious, 20, was arrested at his mother's home in Richmond County with the assistance of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office.
He was held at the Moore County Sheriff's Detention Center without bond.
Investigators say Morrison-Junious shot 23-year-old Jasmin Rorie of Candor at a mobile home in the 200 block of McCoy Lane around 3 a.m. Sunday.
Rorie was rushed to the hospital by others at the party, but he was pronounced dead on arrival by doctors.
Morrison-Junious was scheduled to appear in court June 7.
moore county, shooting, local/state
- Burglars nab Raleigh gun store again 7 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Cumberland County church seeks new home
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 32 min ago
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville