Scooter driver killed in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- An accident involving a scooter killed a man in Fayetteville.
Police said 53-year-old Harold Underwood died in the crash about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at Greenock Avenue and Bingham Drive.
They said Underwood lost control when a piece of equipment from the bike struck the curb. After losing control, Underwood was thrown from the scooter and struck a street sign.
Police said Underwood was wearing a helmet and wasn't speeding.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- One killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash 54 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Southern Pines officer remembered
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos