More drivers to hit the road this Memorial Day
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Gas prices in North Carolina are becoming more driver friendly as the holiday weekend approaches.
As of Thursday, the North Carolina average stood at $3.55 per gallon of regular unleaded gas. Just last month, that price peaked at $3.91.
Prices at the pump are averaging about 22 cents cheaper than this time a year ago.
Those factors are possibly the reason the AAA of the Carolinas expects the summer travel kickoff this weekend to go up by about two percent.
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 32 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 8 min ago
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 20 min ago
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 1 min ago
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born near Philadelphia