More drivers to hit the road this Memorial Day
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Gas prices in North Carolina are becoming more driver friendly as the holiday weekend approaches.
As of Thursday, the North Carolina average stood at $3.55 per gallon of regular unleaded gas. Just last month, that price peaked at $3.91.
Prices at the pump are averaging about 22 cents cheaper than this time a year ago.
Those factors are possibly the reason the AAA of the Carolinas expects the summer travel kickoff this weekend to go up by about two percent.
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 2 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help