Body of Denika Jones identified, suspect in custody
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Police have identified and charged 27-year-old Danny Lee Jones Jr. with the murders of Denika Jones and Tommy Webb.
Denika Jones' body was discovered earlier this week by a person walking in a wooded area just off Gregory Street. Friday, the medical examiner positively identified the body as that of Denika Jones.
The 26 year old had been missing since May 15, when the body of her boyfriend - 36-year-old Tommy Webb - was found inside the home they shared in the 1700 block of Gardenia Avenue.
He had been shot to death.
Jones' father said he last spoke to his daughter Easter weekend. He said he was concerned about an incident last year were Webb shot two people, killing one. However, investigators said that shooting was in self-defense.
"Me and my daughter, we did talk about that incident, and that was one of the reasons why I was afraid for her and wanted her to move out of the area," her father Frederick Smith said at a news conference Wednesday.
Fayetteville police have not said how Jones died.
Police said Danny Jones was in federal custody for a probation violation at the time of his arrest.
cumberland county, local/state, gilbert baez
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help