Police search for fast food bandits
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Fayetteville are searching for two suspects they believe are responsible for robberies at several fast food restaurants in the area.
According to officers, two suspects robbed the Burger King on Cedar Creek Road around 8:30 p.m. last Friday night. A second armed robbery happened at the Hardees on Ramsey Street an hour later.
Police said in both incidents the two suspects were wearing masks and armed with guns. After stealing cash, they suspects fled the scene in a blue/grey four-door sedan driven by a third person.
After investigating the robberies, officials said the suspects matched the description of those wanted in the armed robberies of three other fast food restaurants in the area.
A Hardees in Clinton was robbed the same night around 7:30 p.m., an hour prior to the first robbery in Fayetteville.
Two days later, on Sunday, a Hardees was robbed in Sanford. Two days after that, victims targeted a KFC in Aberdeen.
The male suspects are described as between 5'7" and 5'10" tall with a slim build. One suspect is a black male wearing a tan mask, grey shorts, sneakers, gloves, short afro, some facial hair, and a gold tooth. The second suspect is a light skinned male wearing a black face mask, grey hooded sweatshirt, and khaki shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
robbery, cumberland county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 26 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay 55 min ago
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers