Crash shuts down parts of Durham Freeway
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Parts of the Durham Freeway were shut down Saturday morning after a tractor trailer truck accident.
Both northbound lanes are shut down at West Chapel Hill Street.
Police said a truck ran off the road while trying to avoid a deer. The truck crashed into the median and jackknifed. More than 100 gallons of diesel fuel spilled from the truck onto the median and highway.
Haz-mat crews were on the scene to clean up the mess.
durham county, hwy 147, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help