Progress Energy: Power restored to 5,600 homes
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Progress Energy said roughly 5,600 homes were without power near the intersection of I-440 at Highway 401 on Saturday night.
The problem occurred around 9:30 p.m. at a substation on Gilbert Avenue in Raleigh.
A raccoon had crawled into a piece of equipment and caused an outage.
All affected homes had power restored by 10:30 p.m.
wake county, i440, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover 27 min ago
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary