Progress Energy: Power restored to 5,600 homes
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Progress Energy said roughly 5,600 homes were without power near the intersection of I-440 at Highway 401 on Saturday night.
The problem occurred around 9:30 p.m. at a substation on Gilbert Avenue in Raleigh.
A raccoon had crawled into a piece of equipment and caused an outage.
All affected homes had power restored by 10:30 p.m.
wake county, i440, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 16 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Russia, Crimean politicians discuss referendum 12 min ago
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help