Suspects in store shooting face new murder charges
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two men already charged with a triple murder in Pitt County now face fresh charges in the killing of a couple in Princeville two weeks earlier.
Twenty-nine-year-old Antwan Andre Anthony and 23-year-old Willie Whitehead are among six people charged in connection with the April 1 shooting at the Hustle Mart in Farmville.
Twenty-six-year-old Nabil Nasser Saeed Al'mogannahi, 24-year-old Gaber Alawi, and 16-year-old Mokbel Mohamed Almujanhi all died when three gunmen burst into the store located at Stantonsburg Road and N.C. Highway 121 around 10 p.m. on a Sunday night and opened fire.
Anthony and Whitehead were indicted on three counts of murder, kidnapping, and robbery for the homicides in that case.
Now, investigators in neighboring Edgecombe County say the men are responsible for the murders of of Quan Carr and his girlfriend, Jasmine Chesson.
The couple was found shot to death in their Princeville home on March 18.
edgecombe county, homicide, local/state
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot 23 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us 19 min ago
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures