Suspects in store shooting face new murder charges
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two men already charged with a triple murder in Pitt County now face fresh charges in the killing of a couple in Princeville two weeks earlier.
Twenty-nine-year-old Antwan Andre Anthony and 23-year-old Willie Whitehead are among six people charged in connection with the April 1 shooting at the Hustle Mart in Farmville.
Twenty-six-year-old Nabil Nasser Saeed Al'mogannahi, 24-year-old Gaber Alawi, and 16-year-old Mokbel Mohamed Almujanhi all died when three gunmen burst into the store located at Stantonsburg Road and N.C. Highway 121 around 10 p.m. on a Sunday night and opened fire.
Anthony and Whitehead were indicted on three counts of murder, kidnapping, and robbery for the homicides in that case.
Now, investigators in neighboring Edgecombe County say the men are responsible for the murders of of Quan Carr and his girlfriend, Jasmine Chesson.
The couple was found shot to death in their Princeville home on March 18.
edgecombe county, homicide, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake