Deputies suspect man killed by dog
PERSON COUNTY (WTVD) -- The Person County Sheriff's Office is waiting for hair and bite evidence to see if a man found dead at a home in the 1100 block of Semora Road, west of Roxboro, Saturday was killed by a dog.
Investigators said 65-year-old Eugene Cameron was watching a friend's house when it happened.
Cameron was found under a carport with severe lacerations on his arm and chest. His clothes were shredded and bloody.
Person County animal control seized a pitbull named DMX from Antonio Ford, who lives in the house next door.
Ford wasn't home when ABC11 stopped by, but friends said Ford always kept the dog locked up or on a leash. They said the animal was in his cage Saturday.
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill was expected to perform an autopsy to determine how Cameron died. It was also expected to compare hair samples and other evidence to samples taken from Ford's dog.
Investigators say if they match, Ford could face charges, and the dog would likely be put down.
person county, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom 28 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands 58 min ago
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team 37 min ago
- Garcia makes fried chicken remark about Tiger
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- Family continues to experience miracles 52 min ago
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Three arrested in north Raleigh murder
29 min ago
- Driver killed after car collides with Wake...
27 min ago