UNC student charged in third robbery
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- A UNC student already charged with two bank robberies has been charged with a third hold up.
On Tuesday, Chapel Hill police charged 22-year-old Gordon Goodwin with the May 19 robbery of The SunTrust bank inside the Harris Teeter on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
Police said Goodwin allegedly entered the bank and presented the teller a note demanding money but did not have a weapon.
They said Goodwin was wearing the traffic vest, red bandana, and a mask the suspect was wearing in surveillance photos.
In November, Goodwin was charged with robbing a bank in Apex and another one in Franklin County.
orange county, bank robbery, wake county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 13 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Juvenile escapes from Durham County youth home 24 min ago
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13