UNC student charged in third robbery
CHAPEL HILL (WTVD) -- A UNC student already charged with two bank robberies has been charged with a third hold up.
On Tuesday, Chapel Hill police charged 22-year-old Gordon Goodwin with the May 19 robbery of The SunTrust bank inside the Harris Teeter on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
Police said Goodwin allegedly entered the bank and presented the teller a note demanding money but did not have a weapon.
They said Goodwin was wearing the traffic vest, red bandana, and a mask the suspect was wearing in surveillance photos.
In November, Goodwin was charged with robbing a bank in Apex and another one in Franklin County.
orange county, bank robbery, wake county, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck 26 min ago
- Family gets new home for holidays 37 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Family gets new home for holidays
37 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help