Fmr East Wake Academy principal charged
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police announced Tuesday that they've charged former East Wake Academy Principal Brandon Smith with sexual battery.
Smith, 57, is accused by two female staffers of making unwanted sexual advances.
Attorney James Hairston represents the 57 year old.
"It would be our position that absolutely nothing happened," said Hairston
Smith was fired from the charter school March 29 after the women made the allegations. In April, an attorney for Smith filed a slander and libel lawsuit against his accusers and the school.
Copies of the teacher's sexual harassment were attached to the lawsuit.
In one, the woman claims Smith commented that she looked good in her pants before pulling the back of them down and saying "You don't mind if I look at your tattoo do you?"
Hairston said he and his client are looking forward to Smith having his day in court.
"My client denies that he was engaged in any inappropriate conduct whatsoever," said Hairston. "I'm comfortable with the evidence that we know about right now."
ABC11 is not identifying the teachers because we do not generally identify the victims of alleged sexual harassment.
wake county, local/state
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 13 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 23 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help