Fmr East Wake Academy principal charged
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police announced Tuesday that they've charged former East Wake Academy Principal Brandon Smith with sexual battery.
Smith, 57, is accused by two female staffers of making unwanted sexual advances.
Attorney James Hairston represents the 57 year old.
"It would be our position that absolutely nothing happened," said Hairston
Smith was fired from the charter school March 29 after the women made the allegations. In April, an attorney for Smith filed a slander and libel lawsuit against his accusers and the school.
Copies of the teacher's sexual harassment were attached to the lawsuit.
In one, the woman claims Smith commented that she looked good in her pants before pulling the back of them down and saying "You don't mind if I look at your tattoo do you?"
Hairston said he and his client are looking forward to Smith having his day in court.
"My client denies that he was engaged in any inappropriate conduct whatsoever," said Hairston. "I'm comfortable with the evidence that we know about right now."
ABC11 is not identifying the teachers because we do not generally identify the victims of alleged sexual harassment.
wake county, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney 30 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son