Man charged with attempted murder in T-ball stabbing
MEADOW, N.C. (WTVD) -- A woman was stabbed Tuesday during a T-ball game at Meadow Elementary School in the Town of Meadow.
The Johnston County Sheriff's Office said 23-year-old Kendall Basker stabbed his girlfriend, 21-year-old Brittany Radford, in the neck.
Officials said bystanders tackled Basker to the ground until authorities arrived.
He was originally charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but the charge has since been upgraded to attempted first-degree murder. Basker is being held without bond in the Johnston County Jail.
Radford was rushed to WakeMed and treated for her injuries. She is now out of the hospital.
The couple reportedly have three children together, all of whom were present during the game.
johnston county, stabbing, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 20 min ago
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Maya Angelou remembers Nelson Mandela
- Law enforcement officials go Christmas shopping with kids
- ABC's 'Scandal' reduced to 18 episodes this season 25 min ago
- North Korea deports captive US tourist and Korean War vet 53 min ago
- Police: Newlyweds killed man for thrills 59 min ago
- Some travel delays at RDU due to storms
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help