Bear spotted in Hope Mills
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police and Cumberland County sheriff's deputies made several sightings of a large black bear in Hope Mills Wednesday.
Hope Mills officers said they last saw it around 1:00 a.m. in the 3500 block of Castlefield Lane, which is near Millstone Movie Theater. The bear then climbed over a fence and moved into a wooded area.
The bear was seen again by deputies and Cumberland County Animal Control officers in the area of Sim Cotton Street and Cumberland Mills Elementary School.
Officials said the animal was likely migrating through the area, but they warned residents to be cautious and call 911 if the bear is spotted again.
cumberland county, local/state, greg barnes
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide 4 min ago
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash 32 min ago
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Video: Critics call Georgia's new law the "guns...
- Lawmakers propose dumping Common Core