Bear spotted in Hope Mills
HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police and Cumberland County sheriff's deputies made several sightings of a large black bear in Hope Mills Wednesday.
Hope Mills officers said they last saw it around 1:00 a.m. in the 3500 block of Castlefield Lane, which is near Millstone Movie Theater. The bear then climbed over a fence and moved into a wooded area.
The bear was seen again by deputies and Cumberland County Animal Control officers in the area of Sim Cotton Street and Cumberland Mills Elementary School.
Officials said the animal was likely migrating through the area, but they warned residents to be cautious and call 911 if the bear is spotted again.
cumberland county, local/state, greg barnes
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Lockdown lifted at Wingate University
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help