Third suspect facing murder charges
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities have charged a third man in the March killing of a Princeville couple.
Investigators in Edgecombe County say Alex Rasheed Draughn of Greenville, along with two other men, are responsible for the murders of Quan Carr and his girlfriend, Jasmine Chesson.
The couple was found shot to death in their Princeville home on March 18.
The Priceville Police Department charged 18-year-old Draughn on Wednesday with two counts of first-degree murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon. He is being held at the Edgecombe County Detention Center under no bond.
On Monday, police charged 29-year-old Antwan Andre Anthony and 23-year-old Willie Whitehead in connection with the killings.
The pair are also among six people charged in connection with the April 1 shooting at the Hustle Mart in Farmville.
Twenty-six-year-old Nabil Nasser Saeed Al'mogannahi, 24-year-old Gaber Alawi, and 16-year-old Mokbel Mohamed Almujanhi all died when three gunmen burst into the store located at Stantonsburg Road and N.C. Highway 121 around 10 p.m. on a Sunday night and opened fire.
Anthony and Whitehead were indicted on three counts of murder, kidnapping, and robbery for the homicides in that case.
edgecombe county, homicide, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works