Former NC Democratic staffer may sue
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- There may soon be more fallout from a sexual harassment scandal the state Democratic party recently faced. A former staffer is considering filing a lawsuit against the party and its chairman, David Parker.
Raleigh attorney Kieran Shanahan sent a letter to Parker asking him to preserve all records related to Adriadn Ortega's employment and sexual harassment complaints.
Former executive director Jay Parmley fired Ortega in November, weeks after he complained about inappropriate sexual advances.
Parmley resigned, but said he did nothing wrong. Parker publicly defended Parmley at a news conference.
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos