Fort Bragg solider dies in combat
FORT BRAGG (WTVD) -- A Fort Bragg soldier has been killed during combat in Afghanistan.
The military says Spc. Nicholas Olivas was killed Wednesday when his unit came under attack by enemy forces in Zharay.
The 20 year old was from Fairfield, Ohio,
Olivas was assigned to the 4th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division.
fort bragg, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial 29 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Garcia makes fried chicken remark about Tiger
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams