Struck pedestrian airlifted to hospital
A pedestrian was struck just around 5 a.m. Saturday morning in Person County at U.S. 501- and NC 57, just north of Rougemont.
The victim was flown to Duke University Hospital to be treated for his injuries.
Authorities have not released the extent of the victim's injuries or if the driver involved was hurt.
The identities of the both involved were not released and the investigation was underway.
accident, person county, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75