Bond set for driver in cyclist hit-and-run case
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police have charged 48-year-old Linda Banks with DWI in connection with Saturday's hit-and-run with a bicyclist.
Jason Epstein, a 38-year-old competitive biker, was hit going southbound on Falls of Neuse Road, between Morrowcroft and Durant Roads, just after 3 p.m.
Police told ABC11 the vehicle driven by Banks struck the cyclist and dragged his bike about a quarter of a mile to the I-540 exit. As Banks was getting onto the exit, the bike fell out from underneath the vehicle.
Banks was later taken into custody.
In addition to the hit-and-run and DWI, Banks is also charged with driving with a fake license plate and not registering her vehicle, according to police.
Monday, a judge set Banks' bond at $26,000.
Banks is also charged with driving with a fake license plate and not registering her vehicle.
Epstein is recovering at home.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 32 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
56 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help