Tow truck hits pedestrian in Person County
PERSON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man was injured after being sideswiped by a tow truck in Person County early Saturday morning.
The Highway Patrol said the man was arguing with another person who was inside a car parked on the side of Highway 501. The man stepped into the roadway, and the truck was passing by and struck him.
The victim suffered several broken bones, including a broken pelvis. He was taken to Duke Hospital.
Officials have not released the victim's name.
person county, local/state
- Search continues for missing swimmer 7 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos