Police searching for car from weekend hit-and-run
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police released details Tuesday that could help them find a driver involved in a hit-and-run over the weekend.
Around 1 a.m. Sunday, 23-year-old Donald Lawry was riding his bike at the intersection of Hillsborough Street and Ashe Avenue when he was struck by a vehicle.
The car fled the scene after the accident and was last seen traveling on Ashe Avenue in the direction of Western Boulevard.
Lawry was injured, but is expected to be okay.
Police said the vehicle is likely a black 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala. They said the car should have some relatively minor damage to its right front quarter panel and perhaps the right front door.
Authorities also said the vehicle may have damage to the right hand rearview mirror or the mirror may be missing.
Anyone who may have information about the suspect vehicle is asked to contact Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, accident, raleigh police, local/state
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport 50 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map 40 min ago
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow 33 min ago
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill 35 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC first lady urges Senate action on...
14 min ago
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville...
8 min ago
- Consumer Alert: Investment scams
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos