Police searching for car from weekend hit-and-run
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police released details Tuesday that could help them find a driver involved in a hit-and-run over the weekend.
Around 1 a.m. Sunday, 23-year-old Donald Lawry was riding his bike at the intersection of Hillsborough Street and Ashe Avenue when he was struck by a vehicle.
The car fled the scene after the accident and was last seen traveling on Ashe Avenue in the direction of Western Boulevard.
Lawry was injured, but is expected to be okay.
Police said the vehicle is likely a black 2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala. They said the car should have some relatively minor damage to its right front quarter panel and perhaps the right front door.
Authorities also said the vehicle may have damage to the right hand rearview mirror or the mirror may be missing.
Anyone who may have information about the suspect vehicle is asked to contact Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, accident, raleigh police, local/state
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek 29 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson 23 min ago
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- New American Airlines emerges as deal closes
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help