Moped driver killed in Chatham County crash
CHATHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man was killed while riding his moped in Chatham County late Friday night.
According to officials, the accident happened outside of Goldston on Bonlee Carbonton Road.
Deputies said the driver overcorrected and was thrown off the moped, which then caught fire.
Officials have not released the driver's name.
chatham county, accident, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles