Fiancé charged in accidental shooting death
BROADWAY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police have charged a man in connection with the death of his fiancé.
Twenty-five-year-old Todd Brown was charged with involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of 23-year-old Nicole Fitts.
Fitts was allegedly shot in the head inside the Broadway mobile home she shared with Brown and her three children Wednesday morning.
Officials have said the gun was either dropped or fell on the floor and went off. Authorities told ABC11 Brown and another person were inside the home with Fitts at the time of the shooting.
Fitts leaves behind three children, ages 4, 5, and 8-months-old. It is unclear if the children were home when the shooting occurred.
Brown is being held in the Harnett County Jail under a $200,000 secured bond.
He is also charged with trafficking opium or heroin.
harnett county, shooting, local/state
- Abaroa defense asks case be dismissed 43 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI 46 min ago
- Westbound I-40 shut down at I-440 interchange
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- ABC 11 Match Madness to help cancer patients
- Soldiers kick off All American Week 48 min ago
- Criminal trial set to begin for Ex-NC Rep. LaRoque
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests
- MPs who lost comrades welcomed home
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Weather to blame for morning accidents
37 min ago
- Abaroa defense asks case be dismissed
42 min ago
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI
34 min ago