Six injured in Wake County crash
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- Six people were injured, three of them seriously, in a crash in Garner Friday afternoon.
It happened when two vehicles collided on Jones Sausage Road around 4 p.m., near the former ConAgra plant.
A State Highway Patrol trooper on the scene first told ABC11 that a baby had died in the crash. However, the SHP's media spokesperson, Sgt. Jorge Brewer, later said the baby had not died in the crash.
Brewer only released the names of the drivers the vehicles to ABC11. He said Kimberly Davis was driving a Ford. She was alone in her vehicle. The other driver was identified as Karen Martinez. There were four passengers in Martinez's Volvo, including an eight-month-old child.
Jones Sausage Road was shut down for about two hours while crews worked to clear the wreckage.
There's no word yet on what caused the acccident. No charges have been filed so far.
wake county, accident, local/state
- Deputies shoot, kill female suspect
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Eric Staal returns to Raleigh for MRI
- Child attacked by pit bull dog
- Man attempts to rob Zebulon bank
- Driver faces DWI charge after pedestrian accident
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Friend: Murdered mom deleted Facebook due to ex-husband
- Child charged in greenway flashing incident
- Missing man's body found in Jordan Lake
- Group against gay scout inclusion