Search called off at Pinehurst Lake
PINEHURST, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Pinehurst called off the search for a missing child in a lake Friday evening.
A woman called police during the afternoon and said she thought she saw a child swimming before the child vanished.
Police were concerned than a child could have been sucked into an overflow pipe. Divers went into the water. However, they found no evidence anyone was in the lake. There were also no reports of missing children.
The search was called off around 7:30 p.m.
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- Son: Graham's health declining
- CDC: Water at Marine base linked to birth defects 57 min ago
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks 20 min ago
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Mandela's humility and charm shined through life 1 min ago
- Fayetteville man charged with woman's murder
- Fort Bragg soldiers say goodbye, head to Afghanistan
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help