Search called off at Pinehurst Lake
PINEHURST, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police in Pinehurst called off the search for a missing child in a lake Friday evening.
A woman called police during the afternoon and said she thought she saw a child swimming before the child vanished.
Police were concerned than a child could have been sucked into an overflow pipe. Divers went into the water. However, they found no evidence anyone was in the lake. There were also no reports of missing children.
The search was called off around 7:30 p.m.
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash 30 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident 27 min ago
- Southern Pines officer remembered 3 min ago
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos