Fort Bragg soldier killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Department of Defense announced a Fort Bragg soldier fighting overseas in Afghanistan was killed in combat.
Twenty-year-old Pfc. Brandon D. Goodine died Thursday in Maiwand, Afghanistan after enemy forces attacked his unit with an explosive device.
He was assigned to the 4th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, at Fort Bragg.
Goodine was originally from Luthersville, Ga.
fort bragg, local/state
- Tornado, thunderstorm warnings issued 3 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win 51 min ago
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests? 56 min ago
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines officer
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named 28 min ago
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog
- New England Patriots star to be question about a murder 37 min ago
- Johnson Co teacher facing sex charge
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday'...
54 min ago
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines...
19 min ago
- Wake Schools superintendent could be named
28 min ago