Driver dead after single car crash
DURHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A woman died after being thrown from her vehicle in a single car crash Sunday.
NC Highway Patrol troopers said the accident happened around 3 p.m. on Cassam Road near Range Road in Durham County.
Seventy-two-year-old Joyce Prince Murray died as she was trying to get back on the road after she had veered off of it.
She lost control of her car and was thrown when it ran into a ditch.
durham county, nc highway patrol, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials