Motorcyclist killed in collision with car
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police said a Hope Mills man died in a motorcycle accident Saturday afternoon.
It happened on U.S. 301 near Snow Hill Road shortly after 12:30 p.m.
Authorities said a car turned in front of the motorcycle, and they collided.
The motorcyclist, 31-year-old Daniel George Alward, died at the scene.
His wife, Amanda Alward, was thrown from the bike and taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where she was listed in serious condition.
The Fayetteville Observer reported that Alward slammed on the brakes but could not avoid a collision, and the Harley-Davidson left 55 feet of skid marks.
No one in the car was injured.
The driver of the car, 41-year-old Bobbie Brown, faces multiple charges including misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
accident, cumberland county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 7 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 2 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots 28 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- ABC11 channel changes coming to Time Warner customers
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
7 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
5 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
2 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help