Police investigate fatal shooting, victim identified
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are still searching for a suspect wanted in a fatal shooting that happened Saturday morning.
Police said the suspect opened fire on the 1300 block of Scout Drive, just off South Roxboro Street just after 2 a.m.
Eyewitnesses said the victim, who was later identified as 19-year-old Jaronte Deshon Davis, was shot in the head.
Officers found him lying in the street and transported him to Duke Medical Center, where he later died.
Authorities said a gold Ford Mustang with silver rims and a black convertible top was seen leaving the scene after the shooting.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Anyone with information on the Mustang and/or the homicide is asked to call Investigator Roberts at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29325 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 40 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire 52 min ago
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge...
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil...
24 min ago
- Helping Hands Mission needs donations
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help