Police investigate fatal shooting, victim identified
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are still searching for a suspect wanted in a fatal shooting that happened Saturday morning.
Police said the suspect opened fire on the 1300 block of Scout Drive, just off South Roxboro Street just after 2 a.m.
Eyewitnesses said the victim, who was later identified as 19-year-old Jaronte Deshon Davis, was shot in the head.
Officers found him lying in the street and transported him to Duke Medical Center, where he later died.
Authorities said a gold Ford Mustang with silver rims and a black convertible top was seen leaving the scene after the shooting.
No charges have been filed at this time.
Anyone with information on the Mustang and/or the homicide is asked to call Investigator Roberts at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29325 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade