Victim in fatal shooting identified, gunman sought
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are still searching for the gunman who allegedly shot and killed a man at an apartment complex Monday.
Authorities were called to the the Cambridge Arms Apartments off Morganton and McPherson Church roads around 2:30 p.m., after a man's body was found along a wooded area behind the apartment complex.
The victim was later identified as 25-year-old Jacalvin Battle.
Police said Battle was inside an apartment Monday afternoon, when a man walked in and shot him several times. They said Battle then ran outside where he was later discovered.
The apartment was taped off for several hours, while police, along with K-9 officers, searched the area for the gunman.
The suspect has been described as a light-skinned African American man standing approximately 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighing around 160 pounds. He had dreadlocks and was wearing a white T-shirt and black shorts.
Homicide detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department are asking anyone with information about the incident to call (910) 391-2529 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder 45 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 20 min ago
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 12 min ago
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease
- Abaroa's marriage counselor takes stand
- Police investigate murder-suicide in Durham
- Cary 9 year old starts Oklahoma fundraiser