Victim in fatal shooting identified, gunman sought
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are still searching for the gunman who allegedly shot and killed a man at an apartment complex Monday.
Authorities were called to the the Cambridge Arms Apartments off Morganton and McPherson Church roads around 2:30 p.m., after a man's body was found along a wooded area behind the apartment complex.
The victim was later identified as 25-year-old Jacalvin Battle.
Police said Battle was inside an apartment Monday afternoon, when a man walked in and shot him several times. They said Battle then ran outside where he was later discovered.
The apartment was taped off for several hours, while police, along with K-9 officers, searched the area for the gunman.
The suspect has been described as a light-skinned African American man standing approximately 5 foot 10 inches tall and weighing around 160 pounds. He had dreadlocks and was wearing a white T-shirt and black shorts.
Homicide detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department are asking anyone with information about the incident to call (910) 391-2529 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, shooting, local/state
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- San Francisco transit, union leaders reach deal 7 min ago
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Target offers apology discount this weekend
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AAA Carolinas expects record travel by Tar Heels
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 1 min ago
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help