Female student robbed at knifepoint
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- North Carolina State University sent out an email to students Monday stating that a female student had been robbed at knifepoint earlier in the day.
The email said the incident happened around 1:15 a.m. along Western Boulevard, in front of the Naval Reserve Center.
Following the robbery, the male suspect ran away toward campus, according to the victim. She was not hurt.
Campus police said the woman didn't call Raleigh Police to report the incident until after 3 a.m.
The suspect was a man between the ages of 30 to 40-years-old with a light complexion. He was described as being bald with no facial hair and standing between 6 feet to 6 foot 2 inches tall.
He was last seen wearing a dark-colored zipped hoodie with a white T-shirt underneath, faded jeans and white shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact NC State University Campus Police at (919) 515-3000 or the Raleigh Police Department (919) 829-1911.
wake county, nc state, robbery, local/state
- Suspect arrested in Raleigh bank robbery
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Public hearing held on Cumberland Co. gun range
- Customer robbed outside Cary bank
- Sinkhole closes Blowing Rock outlet mall in NC
- McCrory: Budget deal may not happen by July
- Woman facing murder charges in Falls Lake death
- NC Democrats, chairman reach complaint settlement
- NC finds first evidence of ash tree killing bug
- Duke Energy rate increase would average 5 percent
- Human remains found in Durham
- Fire displaces 3 Cary families