NCSU student recounts robbery near campus
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A North Carolina State University says she was terrified during a mugging early Monday morning.
"I was scared, like I've never felt that kind of terror, ever, 'cause I was just worried about my safety and what I would do like everything was going at a million miles an hour and it was just, it was just crazy," recalled the 19 year old who asked not to be identified.
The student said she had just come out of a convenience store around 1:15 a.m. along Western Boulevard, in front of the Naval Reserve Center, when it happened.
Click here for a map of the area
She said the man just ran up behind her and held a large knife against her body and demanded everything she had. She gave him her purse and her cell phone and then saw him run away.
Following the robbery, the male suspect ran away toward campus, according to the victim. She was not hurt.
"I just want people to be aware, like don't be outside by yourself at night. Use the buddy system, use something, because it can happen to you," said the victim.
The suspect was a man between the ages of 30 to 40-years-old with a light complexion. He was described as being bald with no facial hair and standing between 6 feet to 6 foot 2 inches tall.
He was last seen wearing a dark-colored zipped hoodie with a white T-shirt underneath, faded jeans and white shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact NC State University Campus Police at (919) 515-3000 or the Raleigh Police Department (919) 829-1911.
wake county, nc state, robbery, local/state, alina machado
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van 12 min ago
- Durham house damaged by fire 2 min ago
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge... 51 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help