Pedestrian struck in two-car crash dies
RALEIGH -- The man hit by a car on Glenwood Avenue over the weekend has died from his injuries.
Raleigh police said 62-year-old Mahmoud Abdelalim, of Winding Buffle Drive in Raleigh, died at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday afternoon at WakeMed.
A vehicle struck Abdelalim when two cars wrecked at Hollyridge Road early Saturday evening. The accident caused two inbound lanes on Glenwood Avenue, between Oak Park Road and Hollyridge Drive, to shut down.
Police said the driver of a Honda Accord, 46-year-old Shana Barefoot, of Parker Street in Raleigh, failed to stop and crashed into an Audi driven by 18-year-old Wisam Al-Dwehji, of Mill Village Road in Raleigh. Al-Dwehji's car then struck Abdelalim as he attempted to cross the road.
Police have charged Barefoot with failure to yield and driving without a license.
wake county, accident, traffic, local/state
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help