Pedestrian struck in two-car crash dies
RALEIGH -- The man hit by a car on Glenwood Avenue over the weekend has died from his injuries.
Raleigh police said 62-year-old Mahmoud Abdelalim, of Winding Buffle Drive in Raleigh, died at 2:45 p.m. Tuesday afternoon at WakeMed.
A vehicle struck Abdelalim when two cars wrecked at Hollyridge Road early Saturday evening. The accident caused two inbound lanes on Glenwood Avenue, between Oak Park Road and Hollyridge Drive, to shut down.
Police said the driver of a Honda Accord, 46-year-old Shana Barefoot, of Parker Street in Raleigh, failed to stop and crashed into an Audi driven by 18-year-old Wisam Al-Dwehji, of Mill Village Road in Raleigh. Al-Dwehji's car then struck Abdelalim as he attempted to cross the road.
Police have charged Barefoot with failure to yield and driving without a license.
wake county, accident, traffic, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured 23 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets 18 min ago
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
18 min ago
- Alliance says Raleigh downtown has lot to...
21 min ago