Carthage murder suspect captured
The Moore County Sheriff's Office reports a man wanted in a Carthage homicide has been captured.
Sheriff Lane Carter said 28-year-old Imani Arlo Gillespie was arrested by the Clio Police Department in Marlboro County, South Carolina. Deputies plan to seek his extradition back to North Carolina.
Gillespie is charged with murder in the death of 48-year-old Kenneth Earl Covington. Covington was found shot multiple times in the front yard of a home in the 200 block of Stoney Creek Road around 4 p.m. Thursday.
moore county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Large amount of meth found near RDU airport
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast 9 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill 11 min ago
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos