Carthage murder suspect captured
The Moore County Sheriff's Office reports a man wanted in a Carthage homicide has been captured.
Sheriff Lane Carter said 28-year-old Imani Arlo Gillespie was arrested by the Clio Police Department in Marlboro County, South Carolina. Deputies plan to seek his extradition back to North Carolina.
Gillespie is charged with murder in the death of 48-year-old Kenneth Earl Covington. Covington was found shot multiple times in the front yard of a home in the 200 block of Stoney Creek Road around 4 p.m. Thursday.
moore county, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress 6 min ago
- Lawrence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 52 min ago
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Charge dropped in Cary culvert fire
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Open house at Governor's Mansion
7 min ago
- Lawrence Lovette denied change of venue for...
52 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help