Camp Lejeune Navy Corpsmen arrested for double murder
BEAUFORT, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials have made three arrests in connection with the murders of a father and a son in Carteret County.
Two Camp Lejeune Navy corpsmen and a recently discharged Navy corpsman were arrested Friday.
Carteret County deputies charged Jhaden Davis, 21, and Jospeh Pirrotta, 24, with the murders of Albert Correll and his father, Duane Correll.
The 50-year-old father and 20-year-old son were shot and killed in their Beaufort home June 2.
Twenty-three-year-old Brandon Smallwood is charged with accessory after the fact.
Davis and Smallwood are currently stationed at Camp Lejeune and living on base. Pirrotta was recently discharged.
Both Davis and Pirrotta face two counts of murder and one count of armed robbery each. They are being held without bond.
Smallwood is in jail under a $1 million bond.
The trio is expected to appear in court Monday.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties 5 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos