Road construction to begin on Highway 70
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin a resurfacing project Sunday night to parts of U.S. 70 near the White Oak Shopping Center in Garner.
The $6 million project will work on 2.6 miles of Hammond Road between 1-40 and U.S. 70, as well as 4.2 miles of U.S. 70 going from Hammond Road back 1-40.
Because both roadways are busy commuter routes, work will be limited from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The project is scheduled to wrap up by Nov. 21.
This is one of several projects scheduled in the Raleigh area this year to prepare alternate routes for use during a major I-40/440 reconstruction project in 2013.
wake county, hwy 70, local/state
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder 36 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Charge dropped in Cary culvert fire
- 2 winners in $636M Mega Millions drawing
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Charities sound alarm about need this season
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 19 min ago
- Rescued paralyzed dog helps autistic kids
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help