Road construction to begin on Highway 70
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- The N.C. Department of Transportation will begin a resurfacing project Sunday night to parts of U.S. 70 near the White Oak Shopping Center in Garner.
The $6 million project will work on 2.6 miles of Hammond Road between 1-40 and U.S. 70, as well as 4.2 miles of U.S. 70 going from Hammond Road back 1-40.
Because both roadways are busy commuter routes, work will be limited from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
The project is scheduled to wrap up by Nov. 21.
This is one of several projects scheduled in the Raleigh area this year to prepare alternate routes for use during a major I-40/440 reconstruction project in 2013.
wake county, hwy 70, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip 16 min ago
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in' 36 min ago
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards 5 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges 59 min ago
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank