ECU player stabbed at party
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- An East Carolina University football player is recovering after he was stabbed in the back at a party early Sunday morning.
Police said a fight broke out when 19-year-old Tre' Robertson and several friends showed up at the party uninvited just before 1 a.m. at North Campus Crossing in Greenville.
Robertson told investigators he tried to leave, but a man came up behind him and stabbed him. A friend drove the player to the hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
The investigation continues.
According to Robertson's ECU bio page, he played for Person High School before joining the Pirates. The offensive lineman has yet to see any playing time in Greenville, but did serve as a member of the scout team.
east carolina football, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 6 min ago
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea 13 min ago
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 3 min ago
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her