Suspects sought in fatal shooting, victim identified
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Detectives have identified one of the suspects from the shooting death of a man in Fayetteville.
It happened just before 10 p.m. Monday in the parking lot of a shopping center at the intersection of Strickland Bridge Road and Fisher Road.
Warrants have been issued for the arrest of 20-year-old Xavier Freeman. He is charged with first-degree murder and armed robbery. Police said Freeman drives a white 1996 Buick Roadmaster with license plate number, "AEY-2133".
Police said two men were parked in front of a tobacco store when two suspects got into the back seat of the men's vehicle.
After an altercation, one of the men, later identified as 25-year-old Jeremy Lockett, was shot and killed.
Police said Freeman is considered armed and dangerous and is known to frequent the Charlotte area. He is from Cameron, N.C. and stands 5' 8" tall and weighs 138 pounds. He has shoulder length dreadlocks and tattoos that read "God's Son" on one arm and "Only the strong survive" on his chest.
Anyone seeing Freeman or his vehicle is urged to call 911. People with information about the crime are asked to contact homicide detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department to contact them at (910) 549-7326 or Crime Stoppers at (910) 483-TIPS.
cumberland county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son 7 min ago